A massive thank you to all the community who entered the PTA Quiz. We crammed a record 18 tables into the hall and look set to raise over £1,000 for the school.
The standard of answers was brilliant as teams fought for the maximum 187 points on offer.
For the first time in years, with an impressive 163 points, two teams tied for top spot. So it all came down to a tie break and how many kilometers Tim Peake covered whilst on board the International Space Station.
Congratulations to Flapping in the Tallow End who pipped La Quizza Nostra to the trophy on honour of PTA Quiz Champions.
A few thank yous ...
- To our pair of Year 6 helpers for their excellent raffle and music bingo ticket sales, drink order collection and simply brilliant marking.
- Neil for co-writing and hosting the quiz
- James, Anna, Divya and Emma for running the bar and waiting on the tables.
- Tracy and Krissy for accounting for the entries and proceeds.
- Mark for setting up all the electronics and sound system.
Plus the committee members and their children who helped to set up the hall and clear away at the end of the night.
Finally - we were really impressed with the picnic spreads brought in ... my prize for the best food of the night has to be the curry table - my tummy was rumbling for hours!