Our current published admission number (PAN) is 30 places for each class. Our admissions criteria follow the Local Authority’s published selection process which can be found HERE...
Applications are processed by the local authority admissions team, however forms can be obtained from the school office. (Application forms should be sent to Swindon Borough Council NOT the school)
Children are able to start school in September of the academic year in which they reach
their fifth birthday.
It is important that you register your child for Wanborough School in the Autumn Term
(by mid December) before your child is due to start school. Admission forms can be
obtained from the school office.
Information about admissions can be found at:
Parents of new children are welcome to visit the school, please make an appointment for
this. We have a well-established induction procedure developed with the local playgroup
so that 'School Risers' have a real feel for the school before they begin in September.
Preparing You and Your Child for School!
In order for you to prepare your child for school we have opportunities for your child to
spend time in the Reception Unit with Staff, during the Summer Term.
All parents are invited to a meeting with the Headteacher and the Reception Unit Staff
to discuss ways in which the children can be prepared for starting school, their induction
dates and any queries.
To get your child ready for school and their new environment, you could:
- Allow your child to become familiar with the school by walking past it. If you visit the school for any reason bring your child along with you
- Encourage your child to try to dress and undress themselves without help
- Get them to use a knife and fork
- Encourage them to independently use the toilet and wash their hands
- Encourage them to be apart from you for short periods of time with relatives and neighbours and at playgroup
- Talk to them, listen to them and play with them
- Read/share books together
- Sing number and nursery rhymes