The Department for Education definition:
Special educational needs (SEN) that affect a childs ability to learn can include their:
- behaviour or ability to socialise, eg not being able to make friends
- reading and writing, eg they have dyslexia
- ability to understand things
- concentration levels, eg they have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- physical needs or impairments
Parents who believe that their child may have Special Educational Needs should in the first instance contact the class teacher who will liaise with our SENCo (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator), Mrs Asha Wride. We also have a SEND Governor, Mrs Judith Evans.
Below are school policies which relate to SEN provision:
The Swindon Borough Local Offer
and links to other support services can be found HERE...
Wanborough Primary School also recognises the importance of Young Carers
and is working to support them. Please read more HERE...